Sunday, September 12, 2010

go skins

I am watching the Redskins hold on to a 3 point lead, while the cowboys march up and down the field, so this lead might not last long. Uh Oh, I should not have brought my football loyalty into my blog, could lose a lot of readers.

My post two posts ago, which mentioned a few of my personal beliefs on current events attracted a few emails and a comment suggesting that the blog was now unreadable because I injected my political thoughts. Is Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin Political figures?? I thought they were cartoon caricatures!! I did not think it was a political post at all. I have been to Alaska and a Reindeer could be governor. For like a few weeks or maybe a month if it was the dead of winter. I was calling out inconsistencies in statements. It will not bother me if the dems lose the house and the senate. It is what it is. I have voted all ways, for the record. Democratic(which yes, I lean), republican(which as I get older some conservatism follows), and when I am real crazy on medication Independent. See now this blog has become political. I am sorry if I offended anyone but please if that post bothered you, please un-subscribe. Or in your comments make some humor at anyone or any thing you want and if it is funny I will probably laugh and I wont be offended. Unless of course it is offensive.

Now back to the lung transplant. Or second one for that matter. Had a fun weekend with my mom visiting. Things seem well. The lungs still feel very strong, however I still have some swelling in my chest area that just continues to prevent deep breaths and the lungs to fill all the way up. Some swelling has returned to my legs a bit with some pitting edema, but I have been told that this will fluctuate. I gained 13 pounds though in like a week, so how can that be from eating. Although I have been eating a lot. Even with not being able to take those huge breaths what I do have is great. I don't feel short of breath ever. We played some soccer and basketball with the boys, who won their first real soccer game 6-4 in their under-8 league. Both played fairly well for their first real league game.

I promise to post a transplant medical recap soon, as I wanted to document some of the procedures and protocols we did.

go skins,
Mitch
(go ahead cowboy fans and send me the hate mail)

8 comments:

Gayle said...

Love your post Mitch... sports and politics included. Go skins. Had a great weekend with you all. Love you, mom

joan said...

Hi Mitch - from the city of brotherly love - we sent you Donovan for a win. :-)) Love all the posts. Have a fantastic week. Love, Joan. xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

This blog was great until you inserted Reindeer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitch, You sound excited and motivated. That is great news. I enjoy your opinions. But your remark about the reindeer made me wonder what you'd say about a lot of the other states. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitch, If anyone doesn't like your post, they do not have to read them. We love them, political or not. it is all in the game of life and if you were having a conversation face to face, I bet they would not walk away and let you hanging so go on and speak your mind! You earned that priviledge! and we love you for who you are.
Keep the posts coming because it let us know how good you are feeling :)
Love,
Lizca (the mom)

Michael and Denise said...

Go cowboys, hehe. YEah I know they lost, glad to hear that you are feeling better, and if anyone does not like what you have to say on your blog, oh well then they do not have to read it. Go gators!!

Jean said...

Mitch, keep up the good work... i love hearing from you on any topic... hope your days are going great..! love jean

Anonymous said...

Do you have something against reindeer? That's it, I'm calling PETA on you. How dare you insult the capabilites of reindeer. I'm done with this blog.
;)
Seriously, F and I are absolutely ELATED by your progress. Keep up the good work!
Love, L & F