Friday, August 7, 2009

The Waiting..

'You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, the waiting is the hardest part'-Tom Petty

Well, week 2 is coming to a close. I had a few nervous phone calls. But for the most part, am not overly anxious or paranoid that the phone is going to ring. I try and go about my day with a mixture of some work issues, spending more time with the boys, and trying to get all the things finalized with our relocation. It has been very hard to concentrate on things though. At least I have a great excuse now when I forget to do something for Reba. Don't know how many more times I can go to that well though.

I want to thank everyone who has reached out and given Rebecca and I warm wishes. It really feels good to know everyone cares.

I spent a bit of time trying to research the Angel Flight pilots who volunteered to fly me down the instant the call comes. 11 Pilots donated their time, aircraft, and piloting skills for my transplant journey. That says a lot and makes me feel really good knowing there are a lot of decent people left in this world. That is no small contribution. The pilots have to fund the trip on their own dime!! They can write it off, but still. With 11 pilots lined up the chances of one of them being available, regardless of the time, is practically guaranteed.

However, we finally finalized the details on the place we will be living at in Chapel Hill. We can't move in until August 31st, but the new plan as of now, is to relocate down there if they have not called me before the end of the month. School starts down there August 27th for Kindergarten with orientation on the 25th or 26th, so we would go down then and stay somewhere until the 31st. If I am still not called going into September the time away will be like a sabbatical I guess. It might be really good for Rebec and I to get away. We can use the time to really concentrate on staying healthy and getting mentally prepared for the transplant. More to follow...

7 comments:

The Hawaiian Aardvark said...

XOXO. Thinking of you guys and checking this blog often!

Gayle said...

Just think of this as a new journey in your life.. it is! love you mom

sean said...

i will likely be down in Chapel Hill the second week of September. Hope to connect with you then. keeping my eye on the blog. keep on keeping on mitch. your cousin, sean

jean said...

Mitch and Rebecca. thank you so much for sharing this with us. We are at your side and sending love. Jean and Paul

Bill Greenberg said...

If any of those pilots need a co-pilot I will volunteer. I still remember a thing or Two. Well maybe not. Leave the flying to them.

Barry Artis said...

Hey Mitch...just caught your post/blog...I'm thinking of you buddy!!

Barry
GO GATORS!!

jean said...

Mitch Rebecca Simon and Matias. Thank you for sharing this with us. It's awesome to be able to be with you and your thoughts. Much love Jean and Paul