Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Mini-Update

Ok, so the ghost picture did not get as many comments as I would have thought. I guess I need to post some more open surgery photos!! Just kidding, it was just to lighten the mood.

So, here is the situation. Finally, by weeks end I have spoken and met with my docs and have a better understanding for what is going on. It is like my post from last week, but there was significant narrowing or constriction in both airways where they joined the old airway to the new airway. So, they call this stenosis. It should be nothing too major, but is the reason why the last week I have been wheezing fairly bad and have been short of breath. All of my other numbers still look good, ie. oxygen sats, etc. So, the lungs should be fine. I can tolerate exercise, just can't really make any gains because it is hard to suck in alot of air with the narrowing.

So, I am on the schedule for monday, where they will put me under and use a rigid bronchoscopy device which will allow them to open up both airways. I should get immediate relief from this and depending on what technique they use and what they find we should know alot more after the procedure. They will also be able to do another biopsy to make sure I have no acute rejection.

So until then,

-Mitch

2 comments:

jean said...

Hi Mitch. We wish you luck and good outcome on Monday!! Love Jean and Paul

Lois said...

Hi Mitch, Good Luck on Monday. I hope all goes well and you can get back to exercising soon. I am always enjoying all your posts. I love hearing about your progress. xoxo