Monday, November 30, 2009

Too Much Turkey-Back in Hospital

Yes, I am back in the hospital, but no it is not from the turkey. In fact, this was perhaps the best thanksgiving I/we have ever had. The food was amazing, thanks to my Aunt Harriet. The table was spectacular, and everyone seemed happy. We all ate, drank, and talked the evening away. The kids were great as well, and loved the turkey. It felt so good to be home!

I worked out that thursday morning, and did not feel that bad, but had a slight feeling like the narrowing was returning as I was sucking air instead of breathing it, if that makes sense. As the days continued, the "sucking" of the air got worse, and it started to feel just difficult to breathe. Finally, by sunday morning I was wheezing very bad again. Although, the sound is a bit different then last time. And this time I also get very short of breathe just doing very simple things. That is a bit different. So, This morning (monday), I called my coordinator. I was suppose to anyway to check in after the trip home. I left her a message. I had Rehab at 11, so I told her we could touch base then. Well, Kristin, my physical therapist immediately picked up on my breathing changes and called right up to Becky. She was expecting the call. Anyway, the team came down and listened to me and agreed it needed to be addressed ASAP. So, they brought me in. They scheduled another OR Bronch for Weds. AM. Dr. Haithcock will do this one again.

Although it really is a downer to be in again, I am glad. Because they are monitoring me real close right now. They already have done a CT scan, xray, blood work, and changed my antibiotics. So, if something else other then this stenosis is going on, then they will find it while I am here. Plus if I get any worse, I am here. It makes sense. If I get any results, I will post them.

So, here I am and now everyone is up to date. It was a great trip home though, despite my breathing difficulties. That was the toughest part, because I do look rather healthy and everyone commented on this, but my breathing was a bit labored. More so toward the end. I really wanted to be home showing off my new lungs, but not yet. 4 weeks ago I was practically jogging, but there is no reason to believe I can not get back there.

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving as well,

-Mitch

4 comments:

jean said...

Stay strong!!.. hope your stay in hospital has you out of there and back home in a jiffy! Love Jean

Lois said...

Mitch, You will get better quickly. I know it. Keep up those positive images...You skiing and biking and chasing Simon and Matias and Luke
around your yard.

XOXOXO

joan said...

Mitch - sorry about the setback. All your hard work and training is sure to get you back in action soon. It was so great to hear your voice on Thanksgiving and the voices of your boys and Rebecca. We were all smiling around our table. Love and hugs and happy December. Love, Joan.

Lynn said...

DARN !!