Friday, October 9, 2009

Special Thanks

I wanted to write a short blog post to a very few special people that have helped me and the family out tremendously the last month. It goes with out saying that everyone has been so encouraging, optimistic, supportive, and motivating. I sincerely thank everyone. There are just a few people who I really want to recognize personally, if I have not already.

1) Rebecca- Not to many words can describe what she is doing and accomplishing. I am being nursed back to health in a very healthy, determined and motivating manner. She is the one bearing the brunt of my mood swings, complaining, and generalized unpredictable nature. I love her so much.

2) My parents Bill and Gayle- They have and would drop whatever to do whatever we need. Enough said. Without them this would be much more difficult.

3) Rebecca's Mom Lois- She was here the first day. She was genuinely concerned about me and spent time with me alone in the hospital, especially the second week when she did not have to, making sure I was ok.

4) Rebecca's Aunt Lynn- She also came for a visit the second week when I was out of ICU. I was still very uncomfortable and when Rebec, my Mom, or Lois was needed a break from just coming and checking on me she willingly volunteered and helped nurse me back to health for a few days. It was nice to have someone close, but not as related to talk to and get motivational talks from. She did not have to do this but willingly did. thanks.
'
5) Rebecca's best friend Lyzka- She not only started to drive down during the first "dry-run", but when the second call came, she immediately dropped everything and drove down again to be with Rebecca and my parents in the Surgery waiting room. True Friendship. I know Rebecca appreciatted it so much, and so do I.

6) Rebecca's Dad Larry- He has been continuously checking on me and wishing Rebecca and me well. I thank him so much for his support and his generosity. It is helping so much.

7) My brother Terry- He has the tough job of keeping our business running and is doing awesome. I know how stressful and sometimes frustrating it can be, but for me to not worry about work is probably the biggest gift someone can give. Soon, I will be back and we will not look back. Thanks. I love you.

Finally, all the notes, comments, cards, etc. from everyone. A new perspective on life and compassion I have gained.

-Mitch

3 comments:

joan said...

Mitch - such a wonderful note. I'm pretty sure that when the doctors operated on you they saw in you a heart of gold. Hooray for the good news and maybe later I'll check out the action shots. Cheers to you. xo love joan.

Lois said...

I love you Mitch and wish I was right there with you and your family right this moment. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and the inspiring courage it must take to even consider lung transplant surgery. I congradulate you on and your family and pray for a speedy recovery and a nice long life with your wife and beautiful children