Friday, October 9, 2009

Two posts in one day-Must be a good one


Well today I had my second official clinic visit. Lab work, xray, breathing tests, doctors, followed by a rehab session after all that.

It was a successful day. Everything continues to look great. The doctors are all very pleased. The discomfort and secondary issues should continue to improve. Medically, which is the most important, all looks great. They were able to cut down my prednisone dose just a bit, but hopefully it will make a difference.

Rehab went well. Did more cardio then last time and started some strength training on the legs. It was a long day but a good one.

Finally, not for the faint of heart. I am posting a link below to our public Picassa google albums. The photo above is about an hour before they wheeled me back. I posted my complete transplant photos! That's right, Dr. Haithcock my surgeon, let me bring in a disposable camera and he did not hold back when telling whoever the photographer was to snap away. I am giving everyone fair warning to not look, but I want this blog to be educational as well. That is why the photos are on a link below. It is a chronological progression of before, during, and after the procedure. Click the album that says Mitch's Transplant (Warning-Graphic) And enjoy! HAHA

Transplant photos link: http://picasaweb.google.com/rebabowne?feat=email

everyone,
Mitch

6 comments:

Lois said...

Those photos were amazing and excellently educational. Thank you for publishing them. I got a much more vivid picture of why you are so sore! Go Mitch!

Gayle said...

OMG! what fascinating pictures! You can understand why you hurt so much being in that position for 10 hours would hurt anyone let along having your chest cavity opened up and your lungs being replaced! Mitch, you are doing great! We love you! mom

Lynn said...

I was afraid to look because I can't even watch ER or House, but is didn't bother me, maybe because they were still photos. And I know you are alive and kicking! Thanks for all the good news from the docs and great progress in rehab! Love, Lynn

jean said...

Wow. such a wonderful posting of such good news. Paul and I think you are amazing to have come so far so fast. Keep going Mitch and keep up all the amazing progess in getting stronger and stronger. !! Love Jean and Paul

The Kimmel said...

Mitch and Reba - these pics show just how fortunate the timing of your transplant was. We love hearing about your progress, and can't wait to have you back up here! Give the boys a big hug and kiss for us.

Love,
Troy, Felicia, Isabella & Lexi

Anonymous said...

Mitch, This blog is very educational especially the pictures. It has given me a better understanding about having a transplant. So glad you posted them. Keep up the fight. You are doing great.

Mary Chesley Finley