Monday, July 5, 2010

Official end of the first Blog

No, I won't make everyone sign up for a new account or subscribe for a new listing etc. However, the process of my double-lung transplant has ended, at least for this set of lungs. It is only appropriate that we move forward. Part two is and will be much different. No more excitment and sense of adventure. We are in full survival mode now. It is fitting we start fresh documenting what this second process is like. The new working title is Slave to the Traffic Light. Which you will learn about quickly in my next post. However I wanted to just do a copy and paste of what the original blog title description was, so we have it memorialized. Thanks for carrying me and my family through this long 10 months. The support from this blog was mind-blowing and more helpful then anyone can imagine.

Begin old description that Rebecca wrote last year:

Down With Disease: A Double Lung Transplant Blog

"Waiting for the time when I can finally say, this has all been wonderful and now I'm on my way" (Down with Disease, Phish)-DWD is a way for our families and friends to be in THE KNOW during Mitch's double lung transplant process,(which occurred on 9/8/09) He required the transplant after reaching end-stage lung disease from Cystic Fibrosis.

No comments: